**THIS IS AN ONLINE COMMUNITY EVENT**
As the holidays approach we become increasingly aware of the amount of waste associated with all those fun events. Let's see what we can do to reduce our waste this year!
1. Use pillowcases or a cloth bag instead of plastic bags or they typical molded plastic pumpkin for trick-or-treating.
2. Reuse pieces from old Halloween costumes, or raid the part of the closet you never use. You can also stop by a local thrift store for some creative alternatives.
3. Go to a local farm for your pumpkins to reduce your carbon footprint.
4. Compost all your pumpkin guts! Vegas Roots community compost pile is accepting pumpkin scraps.
5. Separate those seeds out for roasting! Great festive snack!
6. After Halloween, jack o'lanterns can be used in a variety of ways, from adorable planters, to bird feeders.
7. Uncarved decorative pumpkins make for great pumpkin puree! Freeze and save for your Thanksgiving recipes!
8. Compost any unused pumpkin! No need for compostables to end up in the trash!